The Greater Sydney Demonstration Farm
The Greater Sydney Demonstration Farm is a purpose built education and training facility supporting best practice in land management, agriculture and biosecurity. Operating since 2008, it brings together the latest university and industry research in agriculture, natural resource management and biosecurity, the farm is designed to support cross-sector collaboration and innovation and is a venue designed to cater for growers, producers, educational institutes and landholders.
Situated on the banks of the Hawkesbury River in the Richmond Lowlands, the site has a rich farming history spanning more than 100 years. Originally used as a practical educational facility by Western Sydney University (formerly Hawkesbury Ag College), it showcases rehabilitated riparian vegetation and riverbank areas along with the latest technology available in farming automation, vegetable varieties, irrigation, farm biosecurity, vegetable varieties and broader land management practices, the farm is designed to cater for all industries and landholders in the region.
With proven success in delivering valued, collaborative projects, events, effective extension, workshops and field days, the farm has established itself as a leader in:
- compost trials
- soil health
- pest animal management
- bush regeneration
- native vegetation restoration
- vegetable Variety Trials
- spray application technology
- water quality
- agronomy/turf production
- native pastures
- pest animal management training.
Features of the Demonstration Farm
- training room for up to 100 people
- AV and display equipment
- four ha of alluvial flood plain
- large covered outdoor seating area
- field cameras to monitor trials and demonstrations online
- capacity and resources for all events, large or small
- a successful track record with more than 3000 people participated at previous Demonstration Farm field days
- interactive displays in riverbank restoration
- ample parking.
40 Edwards Rd, Richmond Lowlands
Westwood is a cattle grazing property located 60 kilometres east of Guyra on the NSW Northern Tablelands.Historicall...
The new land management framework has helped fifth-generation farming family, the Corrigans, to implement a drought-...