Farm Forestry is the sustainable management of native forests on private property for a range of values such as:
- timber production
- biodiversity conservation
- pest and weed management
- fire management
- Aboriginal cultural values.
Sustainable management of private native forests makes a positive contribution to the overall health, productivity and profitability of farm enterprises and rural and regional communities.
At Local Land Services, we’re responsible for private native forestry advice and approvals. The NSW Environment Protection Authority is responsible for compliance and enforcement of private native forestry.
Find out more about farm forestry
- Getting started in farm forestry
- Private native forestry codes of practice
- Private native forestry plans and forest management plans
- Apply for an assessment of old growth forest and rainforest
- Allowable activities for private native forestry
- Private native forestry officer contacts
- On-ground examples of private native forestry
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ecologically sustainable forest management
- Find a Forester
- Flooding and severe weather support for farm forestry
Private Native Forestry at Warrazambil
The Hurford Group is a family forestry and hardwood timber business.Timber from Private Native Forestry, including H...
Private Native Forestry at Pine Ridge
Norm Arkell runs beef cattle and boer goats on his property near Dubbo, in Central NSW. The drought has reduced the ...