Two cows eating grass, looking into the camera

Lodge my Annual Land and Stock Return

Annual Land and Stock Returns (ALSR) are essentially a 'farm census' and provide us with important information on land use and livestock numbers across the state.

The information you provide is invaluable and allows us to:

  • quickly and accurately respond to emergency or biosecurity events
  • protect our ‘clean and green’ reputation against pests and diseases
  • build a statewide picture of agricultural land use and livestock numbers
  • monitor flocks and herds for emergency animal diseases
  • help keep domestic and international markets open.

Even if you have no stock, it is important to lodge your annual return. Lodging your annual return is also a legal requirement and may help you avoid additional levies being applied to your next Local Land Services rates.

The 2024 Annual Land and Stock Returns portal opens 30 June. You have until 31 August 2024 to submit your return, either via our secure online portal or manually using the paper form and reply-paid envelope.

The ALSR portal is offline while we get ready for the 2024 ALSR's.

Returns for previous years can be completed manually and posted to the mailing address on the form.

Man on motor bike in the distance, sheep are at the forefront being herded
I want to lodge my ALSR

Read more
Two men and one woman standing in a paddock talking
Annual land and stock returns FAQs

Read more
Two man standing with a small child in front of a dusty paddock of sheep
I want to update my details

Read more

Related information