For urgent help
Emergency: call 000 or text 106. (For genuine emergencies only. Stay focused, stay relevant and stay on the line.)
For people who have a speech or hearing impairment: visit the National Relay Service or call 1800 254 649.
For emergency fire advice, fire bans and bushfire updates: visit NSW Rural Fire Service or call 1800 679 737.
For emergency flood advice: NSW State Emergency Services or call 132 500.
Emergency advice for injured wildlife: visit WIRES or call 1300 094 737.
For emergency updates and alerts
- For emergency updates: Visit the NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI).
- For rural producers and small regional businesses: Visit NSW Rural Assistance Authority or call 1800 678 593.
- For information on natural disasters: Visit the Office of Emergency Management.
- For water updates: Visit Water NSW.
- For algal bloom alerts: Call 1800 999 457.
- For weather alerts: Visit Bureau of Meteorology or call: (02) 9296 1555.
- For rainfall and river conditions: Visit Bureau of Meteorology.
To report animal risks
In NSW, you have a legal duty to tell the government if you know or suspect that an animal has a disease.
- Animal Disease Hotline: Call 1800 675 888.
- Exotic Plant Pest Hotline: Call 1800 084 881.
- Water Pest Reporting Hotline: Call 02 4916 3877 or email email@example.com.
- Fisheries Watch (for illegal fishing and fish kills): Call 1800 043 536.
- Illegal rural water usage: Call 1800 633 362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For prevention and preparation
For information on help available to rural producers and small businesses in regional NSW, visit NSW Rural Assistance Authority.
For current information and advice, visit NSW DPI.
For advice on food safety during power outages and bushfire emergency situations, visit NSW Food Authority.
For a full list of natural disaster support services, visit the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) website.