Emergency contacts

For urgent help

Emergency: Call 000 or text 106. (For genuine emergencies only. Stay focused, stay relevant and stay on the line.)

For people who have a speech or hearing impairment: Visit NSW Rural Fire Service or call 1800 679 737.

For fire bans and bushfire updates: Visit NSW State Emergency Services or call 132 500.

For emergency fire and flood advice: See the Home Emergency Plan or visit RSPCA.

Emergency advice for injured wildlife: Call 1300 094 737.

Find a shelter, branch, care centre or vet clinic: Visit WIRES.

For emergency updates and alerts

To report animal risks

In NSW, you have a legal duty to tell the government if you know or suspect that an animal has a disease.

  • Animal Disease Hotline: Call 1800 675 888.
  • Exotic Plant Pest Hotline: Call 1800 084 881.
  • Water Pest Reporting Hotline: Call 02 4916 3877 or email aquatic.pests@dpi.nsw.gov.au.
  • Fisheries Watch (for illegal fishing and fish kills): Call 1800 043 536.
  • Illegal rural water usage: Call 1800 633 362 or email watercompliance@water.nsw.gov.au.

For prevention and preparation

For information on help available to rural producers and small businesses in regional NSW, visit NSW Rural Assistance Authority.

For current information and advice, visit NSW DPI.

For advice on food safety during power outages and bushfire emergency situations, visit NSW Food Authority.

For a full list of natural disaster support services, visit the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) website.