Landcare Riparian Restoration Grants
The $3 million Landcare Riparian Restoration Grants program (formerly Landcare small grants program) will give Landcare and natural resource management groups across regional NSW the opportunity to apply for grants of up to $50,000 to carry out riverbank restoration work.
Waterways across regional NSW have suffered cumulative damage from recent natural disasters and seasonal conditions, such as drought, bushfires and floods.
The program will fund on-ground projects such as riverbank and stream restoration, on-farm erosion works and tree planting, to help mitigate erosion and ensure riverbanks and the wider ecosystems are healthy.
The Landcare Riparian Restoration Grants program is funded through the NSW Government’s $200 million Regional Recovery Package.
Applications are closed.
Enquiries and specific questions about the program can be emailed to email@example.com
Regional NSW refers to all areas of the state outside of metropolitan Greater Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong. A map is available here for further clarification.
A key objective of this grants program is to fund grass-roots projects that will restore and future-proof damaged riparian areas.
Riparian area (also referred to as Zone or Land) - is any land which adjoins, directly influences, or is influenced by a body of water (Land & Water Resources, 1999). Riparian areas include land alongside creeks, streams, gullies, rivers and wetlands.
These areas perform a range of important environmental functions such as:
- providing bed and bank stability and reducing bank and channel erosion
- protecting water quality by trapping sediment, nutrients and other contaminants
- providing diversity of habitat for terrestrial, riparian and aquatic plants (flora) and animals (fauna)
- providing connectivity between wildlife habitats
- conveying flood flows and controlling the direction of flood flows
- providing an interface or buffer between developments and waterways
- providing passive recreational uses
Every Bit Counts – waterways and the Marine Estate
Want to see what happens when landholders work on t...
Farm Force - Farm kids standing guard against bushfire, pests, drought and flood
The challenges farming families face when dealing with the impacts of bushfire, pests, drought and flood have an eno...