Pests and diseases
Pests and diseases can be devastating on small farms. Whether they be dog attacks on livestock, foxes in chicken sheds or critical worm levels in livestock, the impacts on livestock and owners can be heavy.
Knowing the pest animals and diseases that can impact your animals and acres, and taking steps to control them, is a key part of rural land management.
- Rural Living Handbook
- Greater Sydney Biosecurity Handbook [1.7 MB PDF]
- Landholder guide: Meeting your General Biosecurity Duty [1.1 MB PDF]
- Wild dogs - how to recognise the signs
- Zoonoses - Animal diseases that can infect you
- A guide to cage trapping foxes (video)
- Q Fever
- Professional Wild Dog Controller Program