Weeds Action Program 2020-2025
The New South Wales (NSW) Weeds Action Program is a NSW Government initiative to reduce the impact of weeds through the implementation of the NSW Invasive Species Plan and the NSW Biosecurity Strategy.
The NSW Invasive Species Plan provides a framework for coordinated management of invasive species, including weeds, and complements the NSW Biosecurity Strategy.
The NSW Biosecurity Strategy outlines how to identify, minimise, respond to and manage biosecurity risks, including weeds, and the program realises the strategy's vision of: "government, industry and the people of NSW working together to protect the economy, environment and community from the negative impacts of animal and plant pests, diseases and weeds for the benefit of all people in NSW.”
The program demonstrates the NSW Government’s commitment to both by supporting:
- state, regional and local processes to detect and respond to new weed incursions
- integrated, cooperative, cross-disciplinary and cross-jurisdictional weed management systems
- prioritisation of weed management activities to achieve the greatest benefit
- effective and targeted on-ground risk mitigation for high priority weeds
- behaviour change strategies that increase community ownership and involvement in effective weed management
- the knowledge base for weed management and its influence on community, industry and other stakeholders
- cost-sharing arrangements for effective and strong partnerships
The program has delivered successful outcomes since 2010, and supports the NSW Government’s response to the Natural Resources Commission review of weed management in NSW, by ensuring consistent and coordinated regional planning and local delivery.
Weeds of the North Coast of NSW
Weeds of the North Coast of NSW - A guide to identification and control is a practical manual to support land manage...
North Coast Land Activity Calendar
For each new season, it is vital to check changes and address issues to maintain your property. The perpetual land a...