General pest control
Pests animals can be devastating on small farms. Whether they be dog attacks on livestock, foxes in chicken sheds or deer destroying fences, the impacts on livestock and owners can be heavy.
Knowing more about the pest animals that can impact your animals and acres, and taking steps to control them, is a key part of rural land management.
Find out more about pest animal control
Below are some of the resources that will help you understand your pest problem and what to do about it.
- Removing pests from peri-urban areas
- Understanding your regional pest plan
- Rural Living Handbook
- Greater Sydney Biosecurity Handbook [1.7 MB PDF]
- Landholder guide: Meeting your General Biosecurity Duty [1.1 MB PDF]
- Principles of pest animal management (PestSmart)
- The facts on 1080 poisoning (PestSmart)
- Best practice pest animal management (NSW DPI)
- Pest animal recording (FeralScan)
- Read your Regional Strategic Pest Animal Management Plan
Join the Blockies Bootcamp
Curious about managing a small block or farm? Overwhelmed with the complexity of land management?
Get up to speed with our Blockies' Bootcamp – a free newsletter series that will give you the fundamentals of land management.
Join today and each week we’ll send you an email unpacking a land management issue. Easy, digestible and hopefully interesting!