ORM Talks: The regent honeyeater | Orange
Join us at Orange Regional Museum for ORM Talks featuring guest speaker Dr Ross Crates.
Dr Crates is a Postdoctoral fellow with the Difficult Bird Research Group at the Australian National University, whose research investigates the dynamics, monitoring, and conservation genomics of local species the Regent Honeyeater.
This event coincides with Orange Regional Museum’s temporary installation of The Birds of Australia STORYBOX. Created by the Australian Museum, this outdoor 3D storytelling cube brings to life the iconic bird illustrations of John and Elizabeth Gould together with First Nations storytelling and knowledges.
Orange Biodiversity Month - Plants, animals, fungi, ecosystems...
Wild and vast or small and special. Biodiversity is the variety of life on earth and it’s essential for our lives.
The Orange region is home to a multitude of landforms that provide a wide range of habitats for biodiversity. During the month of September, we’re celebrating this biodiversity through a number of events for Orange Biodiversity Month. You can sit back and relax at the movies or get your hands dirty planting a tree; there’s something for everyone.
- Biodiversity and art pop up - Friday 1 September
- The Message of the Lyrebird screening - Monday 4 September
- Walk, talk and plant: Ploughmans Wetlands Care group tree planting and wetland tour - Sunday 10 September
- Understanding the impact of feral cats and pest animals on rural properties - Tuesday 12 September
- Understanding private land conservation - Thursday 14 September
- Waratah Wetlands school holiday environmental workshop - Monday 25 September
- Creatures of the night: Spotlighting at Gosling Creek - Friday 29 September
These events have been made possible through a collaboration of local organisations including the NSW Biodiversity Trust, Central Tablelands Landcare, Orange Field Naturalists and Conservation Society inc, Orange Regional Museum, The Australian Museum, and Ploughmans Wetlands Care Group.
8 Sep 2023 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Orange Regional Museum 151 Byng Street
Orange Regional Museum firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS COME TOGETHER TO HELP BUTTERFLYThanks to the Friends with Benefits project, over 30 hectares of Purple Coppe...
WHAT OUR DISTRICT VETS ARE SEEINGTablelands Telegraph - August 2021Bruce Watt, District VeterinarianOver the past month the veteri...