Creatures of the night | Orange
Bring your family for some holiday fun spotlighting at Gosling Creek! Learn about our local animals that come out at night, including possums, gliders and owls.
Join experts from Local Land Services for a guided spotlighting tour at Gosling Creek Reserve, spotting nocturnal animals.
Please wear warm clothes and enclosed shoes And bring along a small torch/head lamp!
Orange Biodiversity Month - Plants, animals, fungi, ecosystems...
Wild and vast or small and special. Biodiversity is the variety of life on earth and it’s essential for our lives.
The Orange region is home to a multitude of landforms that provide a wide range of habitats for biodiversity. During the month of September, we’re celebrating this biodiversity through a number of events for Orange Biodiversity Month. You can sit back and relax at the movies or get your hands dirty planting a tree; there’s something for everyone.
- Biodiversity and art pop up - Friday 1 September
- The Message of the Lyrebird screening - Monday 4 September
- ORM Talks: Dr Ross Crates - the regent honeyeater - Friday 8 September
- Walk, talk and plant: Ploughmans Wetlands Care group tree planting and wetland tour - Sunday 10 September
- Understanding the impact of feral cats and pest animals on rural properties - Tuesday 12 September
- Understanding private land conservation - Thursday 14 September
- Waratah Wetlands school holiday environmental workshop - Monday 25 September
These events have been made possible through a collaboration of local organisations including the NSW Biodiversity Trust, Central Tablelands Landcare, Orange Field Naturalists and Conservation Society inc, Orange Regional Museum, The Australian Museum, and Ploughmans Wetlands Care Group.
29 Sep 2023 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Corner of Bloomfield Road and Bargwanna Road adjacent to Bloomfield Park
Mark Thomas - 0487 435 960 Central Tablelands Local Land Services
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS COME TOGETHER TO HELP BUTTERFLYThanks to the Friends with Benefits project, over 30 hectares of Purple Coppe...
WHAT OUR DISTRICT VETS ARE SEEINGTablelands Telegraph - August 2021Bruce Watt, District VeterinarianOver the past month the veteri...