Understanding the impacts of feral cats | Cumnock
Join us to hear from expert Biodiversity Conservation Trust ecologists, Local Land Services biosecurity officers and researchers from the Environment and Heritage Group of the Department of Planning and Environment about available control options for feral cat management in NSW, and the impact of feral cats on threatened species.
Participants will also receive tailored information on effective, best practice management strategies for all vertebrate pests species affecting their production system.
Six feral cat traps up for grabs in the lucky door prize!
Directions to event location will be provided after booking.
Orange Biodiversity Month - Plants, animals, fungi, ecosystems...
Wild and vast or small and special. Biodiversity is the variety of life on earth and it’s essential for our lives.
The Orange region is home to a multitude of landforms that provide a wide range of habitats for biodiversity. During the month of September, we’re celebrating this biodiversity through a number of events for Orange Biodiversity Month. You can sit back and relax at the movies or get your hands dirty planting a tree; there’s something for everyone.
- Biodiversity and art pop up - Friday 1 September
- The Message of the Lyrebird screening - Monday 4 September
- ORM Talks: Dr Ross Crates - the regent honeyeater - Friday 8 September
- Walk, talk and plant: Ploughmans Wetlands Care group tree planting and wetland tour - Sunday 10 September
- Understanding private land conservation - Thursday 14 September
- Waratah Wetlands school holiday environmental workshop - Monday 25 September
- Creatures of the night: Spotlighting at Gosling Creek - Friday 29 September
These events have been made possible through a collaboration of local organisations including the NSW Biodiversity Trust, Central Tablelands Landcare, Orange Field Naturalists and Conservation Society inc, Orange Regional Museum, The Australian Museum, and Ploughmans Wetlands Care Group.
12 Sep 2023 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Directions provided after booking
Eliza Bramma - 0499 693 191 Central Tablelands Local Land Services
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS COME TOGETHER TO HELP BUTTERFLYThanks to the Friends with Benefits project, over 30 hectares of Purple Coppe...
An endangered fish speciesTablelands Telegraph - July 2021Allan Wray, Senior Land Services OfficerYou have probably heard of the M...