Waratah Wetlands school holiday environmental workshop | Orange
Together with Orange City Council we're hosting a fun school holiday environmental workshop at Waratah Wetalnds.
So bring the family and participate in tree planting, make some native seed bombs, learn about local bush tucker and perhaps even win a prize!
BBQ lunch will be provided. Children must be supervised by an adult.
Bookings not required for this event.
Orange Biodiversity Month - Plants, animals, fungi, ecosystems...
Wild and vast or small and special. Biodiversity is the variety of life on earth and it’s essential for our lives.
The Orange region is home to a multitude of landforms that provide a wide range of habitats for biodiversity. During the month of September, we’re celebrating this biodiversity through a number of events for Orange Biodiversity Month. You can sit back and relax at the movies or get your hands dirty planting a tree; there’s something for everyone.
- Biodiversity and art pop up - Friday 1 September
- The Message of the Lyrebird screening - Monday 4 September
- ORM Talks: Dr Ross Crates - the regent honeyeater - Friday 8 September
- Walk, talk and plant: Ploughmans Wetlands Care group tree planting and wetland tour - Sunday 10 September
- Understanding the impact of feral cats and pest animals on rural properties - Tuesday 12 September
- Understanding private land conservation - Thursday 14 September
- Creatures of the night: Spotlighting at Gosling Creek - Friday 29 September
These events have been made possible through a collaboration of local organisations including the NSW Biodiversity Trust, Central Tablelands Landcare, Orange Field Naturalists and Conservation Society inc, Orange Regional Museum, The Australian Museum, and Ploughmans Wetlands Care Group.
25 Sep 2023 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Waratah Wetlands, Platinum Parade
Tim Nalder - 0438 224 536 Central Tablelands Local Land Services
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS COME TOGETHER TO HELP BUTTERFLYThanks to the Friends with Benefits project, over 30 hectares of Purple Coppe...
WHAT OUR DISTRICT VETS ARE SEEINGTablelands Telegraph - August 2021Bruce Watt, District VeterinarianOver the past month the veteri...