Understanding private land conservation | Orange
The Orange Field Naturalist and Conservation Society and NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT) are hosting a presentation with Senior Ecologist, Tiffany Mason on private land conservation in NSW.
Come along to understand more about the role of private land conservation in the landscape and its contribution to the National Reserve System, how the BCT assists landholders achieve conservation outcomes, the range of programs on offer from the BCT and how to get involved.
You’ll also get to meet members of the Orange Field Naturalist and Conservation Society and learn about the activities and field trips they have on offer for their members. Check out the Society’s activities at www.orangefieldnats.com.
Orange Biodiversity Month - Plants, animals, fungi, ecosystems...
Wild and vast or small and special. Biodiversity is the variety of life on earth and it’s essential for our lives.
The Orange region is home to a multitude of landforms that provide a wide range of habitats for biodiversity. During the month of September, we’re celebrating this biodiversity through a number of events for Orange Biodiversity Month. You can sit back and relax at the movies or get your hands dirty planting a tree; there’s something for everyone.
- Biodiversity and art pop up - Friday 1 September
- The Message of the Lyrebird screening - Monday 4 September
- ORM Talks: Dr Ross Crates - the regent honeyeater - Friday 8 September
- Walk, talk and plant: Ploughmans Wetlands Care group tree planting and wetland tour - Sunday 10 September
- Understanding the impact of feral cats and pest animals on rural properties - Tuesday 12 September
- Waratah Wetlands school holiday environmental workshop - Monday 25 September
- Creatures of the night: Spotlighting at Gosling Creek - Friday 29 September
These events have been made possible through a collaboration of local organisations including the NSW Biodiversity Trust, Central Tablelands Landcare, Orange Field Naturalists and Conservation Society inc, Orange Regional Museum, The Australian Museum, and Ploughmans Wetlands Care Group.
14 Sep 2023 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
77 Kite Street
Rosemary Stapleton - 0427 359 111
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS COME TOGETHER TO HELP BUTTERFLYThanks to the Friends with Benefits project, over 30 hectares of Purple Coppe...
An endangered fish speciesTablelands Telegraph - July 2021Allan Wray, Senior Land Services OfficerYou have probably heard of the M...