The Land Services Program — improve your business and landscape
The Land Services Program is a two-year program designed to help participants set and reach their individual goals for their farming operation through training opportunities and one on one support specific to their property and aspirations.
The Program, which began in 2018 with three businesses in a pilot program and has continued with yearly intakes, is run over two years or eight 'quarters', operating under a case officer approach, which pairs participants with one of our staff members who will provide support and guidance through the program.
Year 1 — participants complete a series of workshops to get a holistic view of their operation and identify areas of improvement to work towards throughout the program.
Year 2 — participants receive a $10,000 training budget, mentoring opportunities and support to implement improvements.
The Program incorporates the areas of agricultural production, business skills, natural resource management and biosecurity within a whole farm planning framework.
Video case studies
We've created three short case study films with participants from the program who all agree its been valuable for their businesses and them personally.
For further information about the Program have a read of the following materials:
- plan on a page
- case study - James and Kimberley McClure
- case study - Dave and Tracey Hegarty
- mentor profile - Gus Whyte
- mentor profile - Glenn Humbert
- mentor profile - Geoff Peters
- mentor profile - George Millear
- mentor profile - Tony Thompson
- mentor profile - Garry Hannigan
If you are interesting in registering for a future intake of the program, or want to find out more, contact:
- Team Leader-Agriculture, Gemma Turnbull on (02) 6870 8632 or email@example.com
- Land Services Officer, Claudia Bryant on 0448 796 109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- your nearest Western Local Land Services office.
While dry times come and go, nothing can fully prepare farmers for drought. Over the last few years, parts of NSW ha...
To view the register of work happening under the land management framework, see below:Public Information Register &n...