The Land Services Program — a new approach
The Land Services Program has been developed to build capacity, promote innovation, and facilitate practice change of land managers within the Western region, with participants receiving access to training and services estimated to have a total value of $16,000 over the course of the Program.
The program incorporates the areas of agricultural production, business skills, natural resource management and biosecurity within a whole farm planning framework.
The Program, which began in 2018 with three businesses in a pilot program and has continued with yearly intakes, is run over two years or eight 'quarters', operating under a case officer approach, which pairs participants with one of our staff members who will provide support and guidance through the program.
In addition, a range of mentors have been identified to match the particular enterprise and landscapes of the participants.
For further information about the Program have a read of the following materials:
- plan on a page
- case study - James and Kimberley McClure
- case study - Dave and Tracey Hegarty
- mentor profile - Gus Whyte
- mentor profile - Glenn Humbert
- mentor profile - Geoff Peters
- mentor profile - George Millear
- mentor profile - Tony Thompson
- mentor profile - Garry Hannigan
If you are interesting in registering for a future intake of the program, or want to find out more, contact:
- Team Leader-Agriculture, Gemma Turnbull on (02) 6870 8632 or email@example.com
- Senior Land Services Officer, Tanisha Shields on 0447 642 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Land Services Officer, Claudia Bryant on 0448 796 109 or email@example.com
- your nearest Western Local Land Services office.
While dry times come and go, nothing can fully prepare farmers for drought. Over the last few years, parts of NSW ha...
Bellenbar is a nearly 14,000 hectare property near Fords Bridge in far western NSW that currently runs about 1,000 g...