Australia is home to an amazingly diverse and spectacular range of native wildlife.
Unfortunately, habitat loss, poor vegetation connection and pest species have taken their toll on our local critters.
However, as a land manager there are many things you can do to support native animals on your acreage.
Wildlife management resources
- Build Your Own Wildlife Nest Box [1.4 MB PDF]
- Integrating wildlife conservation and farm management (Department of Planning, Industry and Environment)
- Wildlife friendly fencing (external site)
- Birdata App – Bird Surveys Instructional Video
- Shorebirds of the Hunter Estuary
- Eucalypt Identification - Tree Bark (NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust)
- How to make a Bee hotel (NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust)
- The Wonders of Wattles (NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust)
- Looking for Biodiversity (NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust)
- Backyard Birdbaths (NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust)
- How to set a camera trap (NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust)
- Significant woodland birds in the Hunter region
- Koala Threatened Species Brochure 2021 [1.9 MB PDF]
- Beneficial insects webinar
Australian Museum Species identification
Join the Blockies Bootcamp
Curious about managing a small block or farm? Overwhelmed with the complexity of land management?
Get up to speed with our Blockies' Bootcamp – a free newsletter series that will give you the fundamentals of land management.
Join today and each week we’ll send you an email unpacking a land management issue. Easy, digestible and hopefully interesting!