South East Aboriginal Engagement Strategy Action Plan
South East Local Land Services (South East LLS) is committed to meaningful partnerships and support for local First Nations communities to Care for Country. As such, South East LLS has developed a new South East Aboriginal Engagement Strategy Action Plan PDF, 1591.8 KB, to guide our engagement and support for local First Nations communities and landholders, within our available resources. This Plan identifies four main outcomes:
- Enriching Relationships through partnerships with Aboriginal community, and acknowledgement of Traditional Owners, and increased participation in programs
- Creating opportunities which are both meaningful and have a positive impact providing opportunities for self-determination. Aboriginal organisations and businesses will be supported to succeed and grow
- Enhancing respect by strengthening our Aboriginal workforce across all divisions and at all levels for Aboriginal people and communities. Underpinned by the provision of holistic support across the whole-of-employee lifecycle, to ensure understanding and consideration of the complex web of extended family and community responsibilities of Aboriginal people
- Building understanding in our workforce of traditional Aboriginal culture, traditions and values, with particular focus on senior executive, managers, staff and board members.
These four outcomes provide the framework for seven objectives and 24 regionally specific actions within the Plan. Your feedback on these will help us ensure the Plan is focusing on our local context and First Nations communities.
Have your say
We want to hear what you think about the new South East Aboriginal Engagement Strategy Action Plan PDF, 1591.8 KB. We welcome feedback on any or all of the document, but in particular we want to hear what you think about the Aspirations, Objectives and Regional Actions outlined in the Plan. You can do this by completing the online survey. The survey will be open till Thursday 30 November 2023. We look forward to receiving your feedback.
- South East Aboriginal Engagement Strategy Action Plan PDF, 1591.8 KB
- Statewide Aboriginal Engagement Strategy PDF, 1343.28 KB
Have your say and complete the online survey
Beekeeping for Community and environment
April 2020Andrew Britton, Small Landholder Engagement Officer and Noel Webster, Aboriginal Community Support Officer...
Fitzroy Falls Spiny Crayfish
Euastacus dharawalusStatusCritically endangeredThe Fitzroy Falls Spiny Crayfish is Australia's most critically endan...