Funding and other support

Department of Primary Industries Flood Recovery Support Service

Need help after the floods? DPI's Rural Recovery Support Service will provide long-term case management support to assist you in your recovery journey:

Rural Recovery Support Services website

Flood Recovery Support Service (flyer)

Rural Financial Counselling Service

The Rural Financial Counselling Service assists primary producers and small businesses in finding financial stability and security by providing confidential and professional advice on a range of issues. Their counsellors provide, free, confidential financial advice and support to rural communities across a wide area of NSW.

The RFCS have also created this comprehensive ‘Quick Reference Guide’ which lists all current assistance available for Small Business Owners and Primary Producers. It will be updated as new assistance is announced.

NSW Government Disaster Relief and Support

If you have been impacted by a natural disaster, you may be eligible for disaster relief assistance and support from the NSW Government.

Disaster relief and support | NSW Government

Rural Assistance Authority

The NSW Rural Assistance Authority (RAA) provides tailored access to loans, grants, rebates and subsidies for primary producers and small business operators.

Mental Health Support for People Affected by Floods

There are several support services available for those who need some assistance with coping strategies, or for someone to talk to. We strongly encourage you to reach out if you, or someone you know is needing some support. For professional help and advice call the NSW Mental Health Line 24/7 on 1800 011 511. For those in regional areas, you can contact the Rural Adversity Mental Health Program via their website

If you have serious concerns about your mental health speak to your GP or a mental health professional. In an emergency always call Triple Zero (000). More information on mental health services and programs can be found at

Are you a Flood-Affected Farmer?

Rural Aid provides financial assistance, wellbeing, domestic water and fodder to registered farmers.

Rural Aid - Flood Affected Farmers

Rural Aid Counselling Services

Rural Aid is committed to supporting farmers and rural communities.
Their tailored counselling program helps build emotional resilience and aims to reduce stress, depression and suicide in rural areas.

Rural Aid - We're here for you

Could you use a break from the farm?

Rural Aid’s Farm Army website is a job posting platform for primary producing farmers. Paid or unpaid jobs are advertised to a volunteer, worker and grey nomad database of more than 10,000 people. Farmers can post a variety of jobs or help requests where applicants work in exchange for meals and/or accommodation.

Frontier Services Outback Links Program

The Program provides practical support when it’s needed most. This could include anything from care taking to property maintenance, gardening to painting or perhaps general farm support is what’s needed most.

Frontier Services - Outback Links

Primary Industries Natural Disaster Damage Survey

The primary industries natural disaster damage survey is a simple online survey the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) staff, farmers and agricultural industry representatives can use to record damage to primary production and animals from natural disasters such as floods, fires and storms:

Natural Disaster Damage Survey

NSW Natural Disaster Declarations

A Disaster Declaration is a frequently updated list of Local Government Areas (LGA) that have been impacted by a natural disaster. With a disaster declaration for their area, affected communities and individuals can access a range of special assistance measures.

NSW declared Natural Disasters

EPA Heavy Rainfall Events Information

Information from the Victorian EPA on how heavy rainfall events impact waterways, wastewater treatment plants, and stormwater and sewerage systems:

Read more here

Related information