Emergency Assistance For Ag & Animals
Prepare now if you haven’t already:
- Move livestock to higher ground and ensure access to adequate feed and water
- Keep an eye on the weather and be aware of warnings relevant to your area.
Assistance with Animal Welfare Issues
The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) are providing assistance to landholders and communities with animal welfare related issues including:
- Emergency fodder
- Emergency stock water (where there is an immediate animal welfare concern)
- Animal assessment and veterinary assistance
- Stock euthanasia and burial
- Livestock feeding and management advice
- Care of animals including pets and companion animals in evacuation centres
For emergency assistance call the Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647.
Primary industries natural disaster damage survey
The primary industries natural disaster damage survey is a simple online survey farmers and agricultural industry representatives can use to record damage to primary production and animals from natural disasters such as floods, fires and storms. The damage survey allows you to:
- complete a simple survey the number of crops, animals, infrastructure and other primary industries damaged in a single event
- add photos to the assessment
- see the severity of damage in your area.
Recording your PIC number allows DPI or LLS staff members to contact you to confirm your requirements. All information provided is private. The survey prevents public users from seeing individual’s information. DPI or LLS staff can only use the information for assisting the community in or after emergencies and are bound by government confidentiality policies.
Farm Force - Farm kids standing guard against bushfire, pests, drought and flood
The challenges farming families face when dealing with the impacts of bushfire, pests, drought and flood have an eno...