Pest and weed plans
Everyone is responsible for managing pest animals and weeds. At Local Land Services, we support you to manage pests and weeds to meet your obligations under biosecurity legislation.
Maintaining biosecurity helps to prevent risks that could negatively impact our agricultural industry, markets and economy.
Managing pest animals
We've worked with regional pest animal committees and the community to develop regional strategic pest animal management plans in each of our 11 Local Land Services regions.
The Regional Strategic Pest Animal Management Plans will tell you what priority pest animals you must manage and how:
- Central Tablelands PDF, 1908.04 KB
- Central West PDF, 4619 KB
- Greater Sydney PDF, 16332.89 KB
- Hunter PDF, 5203.83 KB
- Murray PDF, 4431.05 KB
- North Coast PDF, 2741.33 KB
- North West PDF, 9456.92 KB
- Northern Tablelands PDF, 5768.22 KB
- Riverina PDF, 21347.27 KB
- South East PDF, 1298.13 KB
- Western PDF, 4087.56 KB
Contact your Local Land Services office to discuss:
- training and awareness
- best practice guidelines.
Weeds can damage our natural landscape and biodiversity and harm native plants and animals, water catchments and agriculture.
When it comes to weed control and management, Local Land Services is primarily responsible for:
- delivering regional strategic weed management plans
- facilitating and coordinating regional strategic planning
- assisting with education and community outreach programs.
To achieve this we have set up 11 Regional Weed Committees. These regional committees are made up of Local Control Authorities, public and private landholders and community members.
Each Regional Weed Committee developed a five-year Regional Strategic Weed Management Plan to focus on managing and controlling weeds in their regions. Read your regional plan:
- Central Tablelands PDF, 1540.17 KB
- Central West PDF, 1181.07 KB
- Greater Sydney PDF, 1075 KB
- Hunter PDF, 4686.92 KB
- Murray PDF, 1502.86 KB
- North Coast PDF, 1316.89 KB
- North West PDF, 1477.89 KB
- Northern Tablelands PDF, 1478.12 KB
- Riverina PDF, 1564.71 KB
- South East PDF, 972.93 KB
- Western PDF, 3185.97 KB