There's something weedy on my property


By Tara Pitman
Regional Weeds Coordinator

P: 02 6051 2250  | M: 0448 390 288 | E:

Heliotrope Cathead Bridal creeper. Colin G Wilson

Have you ever found a weed, had trouble identifying it or not known what to do about it? Don’t worry, you’re not alone!

In NSW, Local Control Authorities (also known as LCAs which include Local Councils and County Councils) are here to help.

Your local council Biosecurity (weed) officer is responsible for enforcing the Biosecurity legislation and responding to cases where weeds are not being managed or may pose a biosecurity risk.

They can help by:

  • conducting weed inspections on public and private property
  • providing weed management education, training and resources
  • administering, ensuring compliance and addressing breaches with the relevant legislation and Acts.

New to the weed scene? Check out these short videos or grab a copy of the introduction guide to priority weeds in the Murray region here.

If you are looking for more information on a specific weed, check out the NSW WeedWise app or website – Get the free weeds app (

And don’t forget, your local council Biosecurity (weed) officer is there to help. Please contact your local council office or where applicable via the local council generic email or an online form that can be found on the council website.

Preventing the spread of weeds protects our native plants and animals and our land, water and food production in NSW. Weeds can take over precious habitats and threaten our industries and livelihoods. We need your help to stop them!

Related news

Related events

Salami and knife
14 June 2023
Pig owners – learn how to make salami! (Jindera)

Murray Local Land Services invites you to come along to our salami making workshop where you will learn:how to make sala...

View event
A person standing in a paddock holding a tablet in the direction of a gadget on a stand
15 June 2023 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Farming Forecaster

Farming Forecaster brings pasture production, soil moisture, local weather, and livestock performance information to you...

View event
A male in a green collared shirt standing next o a female in a blue collared shirt. They appear to be speaking to each other while standing in front of a herd of sheep.
9 May 2023 - 29 June 2023
‘Getting Back to Basics’ Workshops – Soils, Pastures, and Farm Business Management (various locations)

The Murray Local Land Services Sustainable Agriculture Team is hosting a series of workshops throughout May and June acr...

View event

Related information