Have your say on local waterways
- We want your views about Upper Billabong, Central Billabong and Riverina Highlands waterways
- Your feedback will shape waterway health over the next 10 years
- A fun workshop to gather opinions and share info will be held in Morundah in July
Worried about waterways? A Keen Kayaker? Protective of our Platypus and Pygmy Perch? Craving clean water for Cattle? A Fan of Fishing?
If you live, work or care about the waterways in the Upper Billabong, Central Billabong and Riverina Highlands, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking feedback from local people about how our waterways are important to you, any concerns and your vision for the future.
By completing our survey, you will help prioritise the activities of the Refreshing Rivers program over the next 10 years and guide the way to improved waterway health.
Local people in the Central Billabong area are also invited to join our What’s in the Water Workshop on Tuesday 5 July, 5pm in Morundah. YACTAC and JC NRM Consulting are hosting a fun evening to share information on local waterway critters and to run a workshop the capturing community vision for the area.
- Emmalie Sanders on Rakali (water rat) in and around the Yanco Creek System
- Dr John Conallin on fish, turtles & frogs and a
- Interactive workshop with Dan Hutton & John – Visioning for the Central Billabong
RSVP to 0419 841 834
Read more about the Refreshing Rivers Program: https://www.lls.nsw.gov.au/regions/murray/programs-and-projects/refreshing-rivers
Or get in touch with one of our Refreshing Rivers Project Officers:
Kathie Le Busque
Riverina Highlands Project Officer
Riverina Local Land Services
T: 0427 407 126
The Refreshing Rivers program is a collaboration between government, industry, research, and community organisations, led by Murray Local Land Services. This project has been assisted by the New South Wales Government through its Environmental Trust.
Plains-wanderer art exhibition
NRM NEWS - FEBRUARY 2021 - SIGNIFICANT SPECIESBy Shanna RogersSenior Land Services Officer - Plains-wanderer pr...
Plains-wanderer captive breeding success
NRM NEWS – MAY 2020 – SIGNIFICANT SPECIESBy Claire Gannon  ...