Completed your Annual Land and Stock Return yet?
05 Aug 2022
PRODUCTION ADVICE & NRM NEWS - AUGUST 2022 - GENERAL NEWS
You may be aware that Annual Land and Stock Returns (ALSR) are due this month. But what is an ALSR, and why is it important?
Basically, the ALSR is a 'farm census' that gives us important information on land use and livestock numbers across our region.
The information you provide is invaluable and helps us to:
- quickly and accurately respond to emergency or biosecurity events
- protect our ‘clean and green’ reputation against pests and diseases
- build a statewide picture of agricultural land use and livestock numbers
- monitor flocks and herds for emergency animal diseases
- help keep domestic and international markets open.
When completing your return, you need to count all livestock over six months of age regardless of whether they are yours, being agisted or even pets. This includes:
- pigs, of any age
- flocks of 100 or more poultry
Even if you have no stock, it is important to lodge your annual return. Information related to cropping and horticulture enterprises and lifestyle blocks is invaluable in a biosecurity event such as a pest or disease outbreak. Lodging your annual return is also a legal requirement.
Not sure what to include? Give us a call on 1300 795 299.