Get to know our Ag Team
01 Jan 2019
Our Sustainable Ag team are responsible for increasing on-farm productivity, sustainability and resilience to climate variability and enhancing the condition of natural assets.
They deliver education and capacity building programs to Local Land Services customers that focus on:
- building farm productivity and sustainability through improved land management strategies and enhanced production processes to align with customer and market expectations.
- supporting customers to be better prepared to manage risks associated with climate variability and major disruptor events.
- supporting customers to respond to major events including drought, fire and flood.
They develop strategic partnerships to address industry-scale issues, such as with key research and development organisations.
Their aims are:
- Our customers’ farm productivity and sustainability are increased, natural assets are enhanced, and production processes are improved.
- Producers and agri-businesses are better prepared for climate variability and better manage and recover from major business disruptor events.
- Strategic partnerships are driving solutions to industry-scale issues and deliver services that lead to the adoption of innovation.
In 2020/21 our staff:
- Delivered a best practice grazing course to 15 graziers in the Kempsey region to assist them to recover from drought and improve their productivity and sustainability.
- Talked to more than 1,000 landholders, providing them with tailored advice for improving their productivity and sustainability.
- Delivered 21 in-person events, five webinars, seven You Tube videos and five podcasts received by more than 6,000 people.
- Since 2019 we have delivered programs to berry and vegetable growers worth $572,500 to improve irrigation efficiency and reduce erosion.
- In 2019/20 we delivered more than 80 grants to macadamia growers worth $594,000 to reduce the loss of soil from their property and improve production.
The North Coast Sustainable Ag Team comprises six staff members – Team Leader, Emmaline Froggatt and five staff in three locations:
- Senior Land Services Officer Nathan Jennings
- Senior Land Services Officer Julie Dart
- Land Services Officer Donna Cuthel
- Senior Land Services Officer Lelia Kamphorst
- Land Services Officer Alix Johnston
Our Land Life podcast is well into it's second season and new content is coming in thick and fast!The last episode for 2021 was pu...
The Summer edition of our newsletter is out now.Check it out here for the latest news and stories from North Coast Local Land...
North Coast Land Activity Calendar
For each new season, it is vital to check changes and address issues to maintain your property. The perpetual land a...
Every Bit Counts – waterways and the Marine Estate
Want to see what happens when landholders work on t...