Mycology May: Fungus Connections – Biodiversity, Farming and Food 2023
01 Jan 2019
Mycology May is a collaboration with Central Tablelands Local Land Services and Central Tablelands Regional Landcare Network.
We’re inviting land managers, producer groups, mixed farming, community groups and individuals to join us to explore the circular economy, farming soils, food, biodiversity, composting and plant health.
Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator with Central Tablelands Local Land Services, Liz Davis said most people don’t think of fungi when they think about farming, soils, food and biodiversity, yet fungi are present and necessary in so many aspects of everyday life.
“Join us this month at one of the many upcoming events to make fungus connections and build your understanding of fungi and its importance to farming, soils, composting, biodiversity, foods and plant health,” Liz said.
We will be hosting workshops and events throughout May that will explore the many facets of fungi, including:
- Two days of expert speakers exploring fungi at Fungus Connections
- Composting with John Barton
- Circular economies with Andrew Taylor
- Regenerative agriculture with David Hardwick
- Fungi foray/ surveys in Cowra with Mid Lachlan Landcare and Mt Canobolas with Local Land Services
- NSW book launch of Underground Lovers – featuring Mt Canobolas
- Impacts of climate on pathogens with Eleonora Egidi
- Biological organic fertilising solutions with Nakala Maddock from Nutrisoil.
For a schedule of events, please visit the Local Land Services events page.
For more information on Mycology May, please contact Liz Davis on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 452 662.
For all media related enquiries, please contact Jacqui Grellman on 0436 455 685 or Jacqui.email@example.com.
Management tips for your propertyTablelands Telegraph - December 2021Bruce Christie, Senior Land Services OfficerGully erosion can...
Proper planning and preparation are keyTablelands Telegraph - December 2021Lucienne Downs, District VetLivestock must be transport...
Bellenbar is a nearly 14,000 hectare property near Fords Bridge in far western NSW that currently runs about 1,000 g...
Pindari Plains is a 283-hectare property located on the Obley Road near Geurie, in the central west of NSW. Purchase...