Land Management Code - farm plan
This farm plan part of the Land Management (Native Vegetation) Code 2018 allows clearing of paddock tree areas and Category 2 - regulated land in exchange for establishing a set aside containing vegetation or revegetation.
However, on landholdings with less than 10% remnant native vegetation (<10% Category 2 – regulated land), clearing is restricted to paddock tree areas only.
The 'Land Management Code - farm plan' fact sheet covers:
- paddock tree areas and their definition
- removing native vegetation from regulated rural land
- landholding restrictions
- treatment area restrictions
- requirements prior to undertaking permitted clearing
- re-categorisation of land.