Land categories and the Land Management Framework
Under the Land Management Framework, the categorisation of land determines the native vegetation management options available to landholders.
Rural land in NSW is categorised into three main categories:
- Category 1 (exempt land),
- Category 2 (regulated land)
- excluded land
A native vegetation regulatory map is maintained by the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
The 'Land categories and the Land Management Framework' fact sheet covers:
- what each category means
- eligibility to change the category of your land
- the process for re-categorising land
- criteria for each land category.