Rangelands Resilience Roadshow coming to a town near you
15 Jan 2024
Farmers in the Far West have a great opportunity to hear from a number of expert presenters through the Rangelands Resilience Roadshow which is offering four workshops in February.
The workshops, which are being coordinated by Western Local Land Services following the input of local landholders and stakeholders, will provide advice and information to enable farmers to plan and make proactive decisions to better prepare for and adapt to market and seasonal changes.
All four sessions will include presentations and discussion on grazing management, ecosystem functioning, business finances and water quality and efficiency in the rangelands.
A highly qualified and experienced list of presenters have been sourced for the workshops, including:
- Hugh Pringle — Ecosystem Management Understanding
- Geoff Minchin and Joe Barry — Local Land Services Drought Adoption Officers
- Western Local Land Services staff, including specialists in ag, biosecurity, pest animal management, weeds and natural resource management.
Following the events, there will be free time to allow for a yarn with presenters, other stakeholders and attendees. Attendees are encouraged to bring along any questions they have for the presenters.
- Euston Club Resort, Monday 19 February
- Ivanhoe RSL Club, Tuesday 20 February
- Bourke Exhibition Centre, Thursday 22 February
- Packsaddle Roadhouse, Tuesday 27 February
All events 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, morning tea and lunch provided. People planning to attend are asked to RSVP by Friday 9 February to Christine Plummer on 0408 241 200 or Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Contact: Charlie Whiteley | email@example.com | 0428 679 974.
The beauty and uniqueness of the Western region of NSW, and the people, places and flora and fauna within it, were on full display...
Our monthly newsletter, Western Life, provides landholders and stakeholders with a monthly update on programs, projects, upco...