Top Fodder -Successful Silage Making
This three-day course is designed to cover everything you need to know about silage and silage making from the practical to the scientific. Some of the topics covered during theory and practical on farm field trip sessions include;
- The economics and use of silage in the farming system
- The principles and science of silage making
- Crop/pasture selection
- Factors that effect silage quality and quantity
- Making high quality silage -harvesting, wilting, chop length etc
- Using additives and inoculants *Storage options for silage
- Utilisation and feeding of silage.
The workshop will be delivered by Mr Neil Griffiths, former NSW DPI Pasture Production Technical Specialist and Top Fodder Silage Coordinator.
Dates: Monday 29 May, Tuesday 30 May and Tuesday 6 June 2023
Cost: $50per farming enterprise (limit of two attendees and one manual supplied per farm)
Please bring your own lunch. Morning tea provided.
29 May 2023 9:00 am - 6 Jun 2023 5:00 pm
Albert Mullen, Senior Land Services Officer
Local Land Services is seeking assistance from interested landholders to take environmental DNA samples in their local creek for a...
Hunter Local Land Services will be hosting the inaugural Hunter River Forum at Singleton on 30 November.Brett Miners, General Mana...