Tactical Grazing Management workshop (Oxley)
We have partnered with NSW Department of Primary Industries to present a two day tactical grazing management workshop for landholders.
The workshop will cover principles of tactical grazing management, including pasture and livestock production, and planning for changing seasonal conditions.
Skills obtained from attending the workshop include:
- measuring groundcover
- estimating the amount of forage and determining stocking rates
- estimating digestibility of feed
- judging how well animal requirements are being met
- identifying key pasture species
- monitoring utilisation level of key perennial plant species
- estimating shrub cover and the impact on potential pasture growth
- assessing livestock — fat scoring sheep
- setting up a long-term monitoring system.
Register by 31 August
Places are limited so register early to secure your spot. Contact Tanisha who can also provide directions and information on accommodation at the host property. Morning tea and lunch provided.
This workshop will go ahead under conditions that adhere to all COVID-19 guidelines. Information on what is expected from participants will be provided to those that register.
This project is supported by Western Local Land Services, through funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Program.
9 Sep 2020 8:30 am - 10 Sep 2020 4:00 pm
40 km north of Oxley
Senior Land Services Officer, Tanisha Shields
0447 642 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Landholders interested in building their capacity, innovation and learning from their peers and industry experts, have a great opp...
This month through Ag Chat we look at:Register now for the introduction to planning growing seasons in Western NSW webinarClostrid...
Managing bloat in Western NSW (webinar)
Join our District Veterinarian Charlotte Cavanagh for what promises to be an informative webinar where she will provide ...View event