Travelling Stock Reserve management agreements

April 2021

Ben Serafin, Biosecurity Operations Officer

Livestock producers can now apply for long-term access to a number of carefully assessed Travelling Stock Reserves (TSRs) across the South East.

We invite you to submit an application for a Management Agreement Permit (previously known as a long-term grazing permit), which can provide certainty of TSR access for years to come.

Under measures introduced in 2020 by Local Land Services, Management Agreement Permits across NSW are now standardised, and the process of assessing the applications is more robust.

Successful applicants are selected using comprehensive criteria including: the applicant’s proposed grazing practices and experience as well as how he or she plans to manage pests, weeds and drought impacts.

This is part of our commitment to ensuring the state’s TSRs are looked after as it should be, because everybody benefits from a viable, well-maintained and connected TSR network.

All TSRs remain available by application to Local Land Services for short-term access permits such as walking stock, as well as recreational activities.

To find out more about Management Agreement Permits, view the map of available TSRs in our region and submit an application, follow the links at

Related information