Beefing up your heifer performance - Online Coaching
Do you want to improve your heifer fertility?
Do you want high weaning rates?
Do you want ongoing reproductive success?
Free coaching is being offered to get your herd rebuilding on track and help you get the most from your current heifer herd. Coaching takes place when you need it most, during important stages of your herd management.
Your coach is livestock nutritionist Nikki Henderson from Henderson Livestock Consulting and together you will work through four Challenge Series work sheets. Each of the four sessions will include a group online meeting over a 12 month period with a field day at the end of the series.
- CMW – Critical Mating Weights, what they are, how to achieve them, actual feed plans to get there.
- Including least cost rations and ration formulation.
- Feed Budgeting and diet design (incorporating ME, CP, vitamins and minerals'
- Animal Health – from weaning through to joining and calving.
- Fertility – Managing and manipulating energy balance at joining.
- Pregnancy Testing – timing and optimising management from results.
- Pregnant Heifers- Planning and setting weight gain targets throughout pregnancy.
- Calving management – impact of stress and Condition Score
Closing date for registrations is 30 September 2021.
Register early for these free sessions to avoid disappointment by using the QR code or this link:
general inquiries or to register by phone or email contact:
Albert Mullen, Hunter LLS
Ph: 0428 670 524
13 Sep 2021 1:57 pm - 13 Dec 2021 1:57 pm
One of the disadvantages of such a great season over late winter and heading into spring is an increase in clover, medics and othe...
The warm wet weather is providing one of the best growing seasons for several years, but with it brings a range of livestock healt...
Congewai and Quorrobolong Catchments Water Quality Survey 2021
For the past five years, Hunter Water and Hunter Local Land Services (LLS) have worked in collaboration with landholders...View event