WEBINAR 3: Carbon Accounting
Join us for a webinar series called Soil Carbon for your Farm Business where we will hear from expert presenters on all things carbon: the science, producer experiences and carbon accounting.
Webinar 1: The science of soil carbon
Tuesday, 20 April at 12pm
In the first in the series of soil carbon webinars we take a look at the science of soil carbon. Presentations from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) will give farmers the foundations of carbon and their soils and how to measure and trade carbon.
- Dr Susan Orgill, Leader Soil R&D South (DPI) - Soil carbon and its benefits to farming systems
- Luke Signor, Assistant Manager, Savanna, Agriculture and Soil Carbon (SAS) Credits team - Methodology, measuring and trading of carbon
Webinar 2: Farmers trading carbon
Tuesday, 4 May 12pm
In the second of our series of three soil carbon webinars we hear from producers that have undertaken carbon trading. Mike Rosser, Argyle Station Pastoral and Stuart Austin, Wilmot Cattle Co will share their stories and first hand experience in farming carbon.
- Mike Rosser will speak on his vegetation carbon experience and how his operation in Western NSW was able to integrate carbon into their sheep business.
- Stuart Austin will follow up with the operation he manages at Wilmot Cattle Co in the NSW Northern Tablelands. Learn how they went about marketing and trading in soil carbon and the benefits it provides to his grazing operation.
Webinar 3: Carbon accounting
Tuesday, 18 May at 12pm
In the third and final webinar in the Soil Carbon for Your Farm Business webinar series, Integrity Ag & Environment takes us through Carbon Accounting and how this can benefit your farm business. Join Dr Stephen Wiedemann, Principal Scientist for Integrity Ag & Environment for a one hour webinar where we will go through specific case studies in NSW and the Central West. Hear from producers that have used Carbon Accounting in their businesses and the outcomes they have achieved.
- Dr Stephen Weidemann: Steve is an expert advisor to the International Wool and Textiles Organisation, the Australian Red Meat Industry, the Australian Pork Industry and the Federal Department of the Environment and Energy. Don't miss this opportunity to hear from one of Australia's leading Agri-Environmental consultants.
Regional Agricultural Landcare Facilitator
0417 021 795
This project is supported by Central West Local Land Services through funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Program
18 May 2021 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Soil erosion can present in various ways and can be the result of multiple causes. If you have...
Landholders in priority areas of the Central West may be eligible for funding to protect and improve natural resources with Centra...
Fungus discovery workshop
Join us and renowned fungi expert Alison Pouliot for a workshop to better understand and identify fungi.Location209 Cobr...View event
Plant identification and management workshop (Condobolin)
We invite interested land managers to join us to learn more about plants on their properties.Dates and locationsMay 18 -...View event
Workshop | Fodder shrubs and shelter belts (Marthaguy)
Interested in fodder shrubs and shelter belts on your property? Like to hear from experts and producers about these topi...View event