Landcare and bushcare groups in Greater Sydney
- Find a group in your local area Are you interested in making a difference to the environment while meeting like-minded people and learning new skills? Join one of the hundreds of landcare and bushcare groups listed on the NSW Landcare Gateway website www.landcare.nsw.gov.au, or you can talk to your local Council.
- Find a coordinator in your local area Six local coordinators, a regional coordinator and a regional agricultural landcare facilitator are available to support Landcarers and Landcare groups across Greater Sydney. View this map of the coordinators and find out how to get in touch.
- Starting a new landcare group Can't find a local group or would like to start your own? Visit our "Starting a landcare group" page to find out more.
- Greater Sydney Local Land Services Landcare Strategy 2015-2020 We have developed a Landcare Strategy to guide how Greater Sydney Local Land Services supports, celebrates and promotes landcare activity across the region. The Strategy is effective from 2015 to 2020 and includes an internal Action Plan that is updated annually. Read the Landcare Strategy.
- Greater Sydney Local Land Services Landcare Strategy 2021 - 2026 The 2021 - 2026 strategy has been finalised after community consultation. Read the Landcare Strategy here.
Resources for volunteers and coordinators
There are a range of resources for both volunteer coordinators and volunteers. Visit our "Resources for volunteers and coordinators" page to find out more.
Other Landcare Organisations
Greater Sydney has a number of landcare networks that work to support local landcare groups.
- Greater Sydney Landcare Network A community-run network that aims to connect and support bushcare and landcare volunteers from across the greater Sydney region http://greatersydneylandcare.org
- Hawkesbury Landcare Network A new community-based organisation that supports landholders and volunteers to work toward sustainable agriculture and natural resource aims. Contact the HLN Local Landcare Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Coast Community Environment Network works with local groups to support ecologically sustainable development. http://www.cen.org.au/
- Cattai Hills Environment Network Supporting landholders in the Cattai and Little Cattai Creek catchments in the Hills District of north west Sydney. For more information email email@example.com
There are also organisations that work to support landcare at a state and national landcare level.
- Landcare NSW Inc is a state-wide community based Landcare network that acts a collective voice for Landcare across NSW. They have also created some great resources including "Landcare in A Box", a one-stop-shop for all your policies, forms and Landcare related fact sheets. www.landcarensw.org.au
- Landcare Australia Ltd is a national not-for-profit organisation that supports Landcare by creating resources, providing grants to Landcare groups, and attracting corporate sponsorship. They have a range of useful resources to help you manage your Landcare or Bushcare group including a New Landcare Group Start Kit, a Landcare Social Media Kit and a range of promotional templates and logos. www.landcareonline.com.au
Farm Force - Farm kids standing guard against bushfire, pests, drought and flood
The challenges farming families face when dealing with the impacts of bushfire, pests, drought and flood have an eno...
2016–17 Annual Report
From our ChairOn behalf of our staff and board, I am pleased to present our 2016–17 Annual Report.Delivering v...