Local Land Services welcomes new faces to regional boards
06 Feb 2023
Local Land Services will be welcoming new members to its 11 regional boards across the state to help guide the delivery of services to local communities.
In total, 22 people have been appointed by the Minister for Agriculture and Western NSW Dugald Saunders. Some of these people have been appointed for a further and final term while others will be joining Local Land Services for the first time.
Fay Steward has also been appointed as the Chair of South East board, after recently acting in the role.
Local Land Services State Board Chair Allison Harker from Yass is looking forward to working with the new board members.
“Our regional boards play a key role in connecting Local Land Services to their communities and it’s rewarding to serve on a local board to drive lasting change in our regions,” Ms Harker said.
“Diversity is important for all organisations and it is pleasing to see these new appointments include female and indigenous community members, building on our already inclusive regional representation.
“We welcome the fresh perspectives and wealth of skills and experience our new board members will bring to help us innovate and deliver even better outcomes for landholders.”
More than 160 people applied to join boards across the state, and after an extensive recruitment process. The members appointed by the Minister are:
- Casey Dunn, Central Tablelands Board
- Felicity McLeod, Western Board
- Donna Rygate, Central Tablelands Board
- Ross McCarthy, Central West Board
- Andrew Rice, Central West Board
- Linda Bracken, Greater Sydney Board
- Danica Leys, Greater Sydney Board
- Allison Mudford, Hunter Board
- Robyn Parker, Hunter Board
- Rebecca Bunyan, Western Board
- Airlie Landale, Murray Board
- Edwina Hayes, Murray Board
- Tracey Stinson, North Coast Board
- Gary Humphreys, North Coast Board
- Rechelle Leahy, Northern Tablelands Board
- Julie Bird, Northern Tablelands Board
- Stephanie Cameron, North West Board
- Jacqueline Gidley-Bird, North West Board
- Lisa Anderson, Riverina Board
- Elizabeth Lyne, Riverina Board
- Mila Bristow, South East Board
- Bunja Smith, South East Board
- Fay Steward, South East Chair
With the commencement of these new terms, Ms Harker paid tribute to our outgoing board members.
“It is always bittersweet to welcome new board members as that means some of our members have concluded their time with us,” she said.
“I want to thank all outgoing members for their commitment and dedication to the organisation, and for helping shape the direction of Local Land Services in recent years for the benefit of the community, environment and of course the staff delivering on the strategic priorities of the board to meet customer expectations.”
As local board succession is staggered, the next round of recruitment for board members will commence in 2023.
To find out more about the role of local boards or how you can get to know your Local Land Services team, visit Our Boards page.