Emergency animal disease information session (Mudgee)
In response to the current risk of foot and mouth disease (FMD) and lumpy skin disease, Local Land Services staff are working with landholders to raise awareness, prevention and surveillance of emergency animal diseases.
These are nationally notifiable diseases. It is critical that:
- all livestock owners know what these diseases look like
- you check your animals regularly
- you report any suspect signs immediately to the Emergency Animal Disease Watch Hotline on 1800 675 888 or your local district vet on 1300 295 299.
Australia currently has a disease-free status for foot and mouth disease and lumpy skin disease, however we all need to play an active role in monitoring and reporting any suspect cases.
These exotic animal diseases have recently been reported in countries close to our international borders. This is a stark reminder of the risk that exotic diseases play and our shared role in protecting our agricultural industry.
Local Land Services is holding a series of workshops for landholders to:
- learn more about the current status of FMD and lumpy skin disease
- find out how to identify these diseases and know what to do if they suspect cases
- find out what they can do on their farm
- hear what Local Land Services does to prevent Emergency Animal Diseases
- hear about the work of Local Land Services in feral animal control.
When: 4.30pm -5.30pm, 8 August 2022
Where: Club Mudgee
RSVP is essential. Save your seat by registering here.
8 Aug 2022
Farm biosecurity planning workshop - Hampton
Farm Biosecurity Planning and Livestock Traceability WorkshopThe best defence against pests and diseases is to implement...View event
Soil and pasture health workshop - Bathurst
Understanding soil and pasture healthJoin us for a workshop on:understanding soil healthsoil fertilitysoil testingimpact...View event
Chilean needle grass information day - Woodstock
Central Tablelands Local Land Services is supporting Cowra Council’s Biosecurity Officers in hosting a Chilean Nee...View event