Regional strategic pest animal management
As a landowner, it’s your responsibility to manage pest animals on your land.
Your Regional Strategic Pest Animal Management Plan is a vital tool to help coordinate pest control between landholders.
It provides a practical and regional approach to managing pests posing a biosecurity threat.
Regional Strategic Pest Animal Management Plans work to:
- reduce the social, environmental and financial impact of pest animals in NSW
- improve community participation in biosecurity management Increase numbers of well-trained and resourced landowners
- eliminate or prevent the spread of new invasive species
- reduce the impact of widespread invasive species
- ensure NSW can manage invasive species for the future.
Read your region’s Strategic Pest Animal Management Plan
We've worked with regional pest animal committees and the community to develop regional strategic pest animal management plans in each of our 11 Local Land Services regions.
Your Regional Strategic Pest Animal Management Plan will tell you what priority pest animal pest animals you need to manage and how. Read your local plan:
- Central Tablelands
- Central West
- Greater Sydney
- North Coast
- North West
- Northern Tablelands
- South East
How Local Land Services can help with pest control
Everyone is required to manage biosecurity risks to ensure better primary industries and environment for the future.
Our Biosecurity Officers are on the ground to work with land managers across their regions. We can help you manage pest animals through advice, training, awareness and best practice guidelines.
Look up your closest Local Land Services office.