Pig Tales - Buying a pig in NSW - Alan's story
Alan wants to buy a couple of pigs for his five ha block. A conscientious stock owner, he does all of the right things:
- reads the rules on moving pigs into and within NSW
- called his local council to check he is allowed to keep pigs
- got a Property Identification Code from Local Land Services
- got a PigPass National Vendor Declaration from the seller
- quarantining if there are any other animals on the farm
- records the movement on the PigPass database within two days
- doesn't feed his pigs any swill.
Great work Alan in helping keep your neighbours, pork industry and animals safe from disease!