TSR management agreement permits
Local Land Services promotes equitable access and allocation of Travelling Stock Reserves (TSRs).
Management Agreement (MA) permits provide livestock producers with long-term access for grazing to carefully assessed TSRs around NSW. Note: MA permits were previously known as Long-Term Grazing Permits.
Permits are allocated via a tender process and are in place for five years unless otherwise specified.
Under new measures introduced by Local Land Services in 2020, MA permits across NSW are now standardised, and the process of assessing tenders is more robust.
Successful tenderers will be selected by Local Land Services in each region, based on a selection criteria that will ensure appropriate ongoing land management and maintenance of the TSR.
MA Permits will only apply to a proportion of TSRs in each region. View a map of the TSRs that are subject to MA permits in regions that are currently open for tender.
All TSRs remain available by application to Local Land Services for short-term access permits such as walking stock. Find out more about these short-term permits here.
I am interested in a management agreement permit, what next?
Before you consider submitting a tender for a MA permit, please refer to the following documents:
- An overview of the application process for lodging a tender, including eligibility, fees, and the assessment criteria for all applications can be found in the TSR MA Permits fact sheet PDF, 2765.89 KB
- a map of all the TSRs that are subject to MA permits in regions that are currently open for tender
- TSR Statewide Plan of Management PDF, 7209.4 KB
- Best Environmental Management Practice Toolkit for TSRs PDF, 4593.23 KB
- a sample of a standardised MA permit PDF, 465.55 KB.
You will also need to:
- have a Property Identification Code (PIC)
- be able to obtain public liability insurance to the value of $20 M
- commit to completing and submitting an annual report via a survey on the condition of the TSR, including a photo
- be prepared to pay the one-off $300 application and permit fee if successful in securing the tender
- be able to meet all other requirements outlined in the permit terms and conditions.
Apply now in the following regions
|Murray||Closed on 18 December 2020|
|North West||Closed on 29 November 2020|
|Hunter||Closed on 2 October 2020|
|Northern Tablelands||Closed on 8 June 2020|
|Riverina||Closed on 8 June 2020|
|South East||Closed on 7 June 2020|
|Central Tablelands||Closed on 7 June 2020|
|North Coast||Coming soon|
|Central West||Coming soon|