Travelling Stock Reserves
Travelling Stock Reserves (TSRs) are parcels of Crown land reserved under legislation for use by travelling stock. Local Land Services is responsible for the care, control and maintenance of almost 500,000ha of TSRs in NSW.
TSRs provide pasture reserves for travelling or grazing stock. These reserves can be beneficial in times of drought, bushfire or flood. They are also used for public recreation, apiary sites and for conservation.
Local Land Services manages the land to strike a balance between the needs of travelling or grazing stock and the conservation of native species.
The role of Local Land Services in managing TSRs includes:
- authorising and monitoring stock, recreation and apiary site use
- controlling noxious weeds
- controlling pest animals and insects
- providing and maintaining fencing, watering points and holding yards
- considering land management and animal health legislation.
The plan sets out how Local Land Services will notify members of the community of pesticide applications it makes or allows to be made to public places that it owns or controls.